Spring, Summer and Fall Outdoor Activities and Facilities
Fishing : Fish off the dock or rent a boat.
- Basic aluminum 14 ft., 8 h.p. model from $70/half day, $140/full day, taxes extra.
- 16 ft. Bass boat with 20 h.p. engine, complete with one tank of gas, steering and speed controls, flooring, and live well for $70/hour, $140/half day, $200/full day taxes extra.
- Special fishing packages are available with the Bass Boat.
Fishing Charters: Find out the best spots to fish from the Pro’s! Fishing charters available from our docks through our partner Redline Outdoors.
ATV Rentals: New for Spring 2012!
Book a 2-hour ATV excursion that takes you directly from the resort and through a large private bush lot.
- You can either drive solo or with a passenger.
- Instruction and helmets included. Rates from $130 per machine plus HST.
- Offered through our partner Redline Outdoors. Check out their services at www.redlineoutdoors.ca
- Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub: Adult Swims, Water Fitness, and Water Games offered throughout the summer season.
- Baseball, Basketball and Volleyball
- Children’s Playground
- Beach : Large sandy beach, the floating raft and water trampoline with slide.
- Bicycling: Cycle the back woods or the country roads. Bicycles and child tow-trailers are available for rental from the Recreation Centre. Helmets are compulsory.
- Canoes: Paddle along the shoreline of Sparrow Lake or on the Severn River in one of our fleet of canoes.
- Lawn Games : bocce ball, croquet set, or horseshoes
- Sailboats: Sunfish sailboats, suitable for up to two adults come completely equipped. These small-sail boats are suited to the wind and water conditions of Sparrow Lake.
- Summer Water Sports: "Summer Watersports", a professional water recreation service, joins the Bayview Wildwood Resort team. Go for a run or take a lesson. Water Weenie rides, boat rides, tubing, kneeboarding, waterskiing, wakeboarding, and air chair. Please ask our Front Office Staff for details and pricing. Special: Buy 10 runs you get the 11th free or if you buy 5 your 6th run is half price.
- Tennis: Two tennis courts are on the resort site, with one court being lit for night use.
- Excursion Shuttle Service: During daytime hours, we can arrange to pick you up at several points along Sparrow Lake or the Severn River - following a canoe or bicycle excursion away from the resort site.
Winter Outdoor Activities
The Winter Recreation Centre is Open 9:00am-5:00pm Daily
All your winter sporting equipment needs can be found in our Winter Recreation Center. Equipment is provided free of charge for two hours a day for all of the following activities. Late & damage fees will be charged to your room. Activities listed below are weather dependent.
- Snow-Shoeing: Two scenic trails provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy this fun and easy winter activity. Cross - Country Skiing. Miles of well-groomed trails are available for participants of varying level of skill and fitness.
- Ice Skating: Our cleared and lighted area is a perfect venue for outdoor skating on this picturesque lake during the day or evening.
- Broomball and Ball Hockey:Play these fun winter sports at your leisure or we will help you organize a group for some low competition play.
- Cross Country Skiing: The winter forests offer groomed and track-set cross-country ski trails. Skis, boots and poles for adults and children, age 6 and up are available at the Recreation Centre
- Ice Fishing: Rent an ice hut for a half day or full day. Our partner, Redline Outdoors, will provide the tackle and bait – the only thing you have to do is catch the fish! Check out their services at www.redlineoutdoors.ca
- Snowmobiling Tours: Have a guide tour over frozen lakes and through the winter forest. all snowmobiles holds two persons. Snowmobile suits and helmets are available to persons over age 21, (with a drivers license) for a nominal fee. (Children must be able to ride behind Mom or Dad and hold on safely)